Thursday 22 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paola Barbara and Giuseppe Bigogno.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1909 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Paola Barbara: Italian film actress who appeared in 62 films between 1935 and 1978.
- Giuseppe Bigogno: Italian soccer player, he died in 1977.
- Henri Ballot: Brienon sur Arman?on physician.
- Licia Albanese: Italian-American soprano and actress (d. 2014).
- Dorino Serafini: Italian race car driver (d. 2000).
- D v Liliencron: Writer, dies at 65.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye - Blanche Ring
- Beautiful Eyes - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?