Saturday 3 July 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Algeria independence and Stavros Niarchos.
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1909 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Stavros Niarchos: Greek entrepreneur who was an international shipping magnate, as well as an art collector.
- Algeria independence
- Pierre Guiral: French educator, a secondary school teacher then university professor, 1947-'55.
- Earl Butz
- Earl L: Butz US Secretary of Agriculture (1971-76); a real Butz.
- Lucy Kroll: Entertainment agent.
- Stavros Niachos: Greece -- Shipping magnate (Those Fabulous Greeks).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?