Tuesday 20 July 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Focas and James Cormach.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1909 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Jean Focas: Greco-French astronomer (d. 1969).
- James Cormach: Scottish author, editor and professor of classics who was noted for writing, "Inscribed Monuments of Aphrodiasias" released in 1955.
- Georges Guille: Badens Politician.
- Eric Rowan: South African cricketer, Wisden COY 1952 (d. 1993).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye - Blanche Ring
- Beautiful Eyes - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?