Friday 23 July 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John William Finn and Phil Andros.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1909 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- John William Finn: American WWII Medal of Honor recieptant (d. 2010).
- Phil Andros: American writer, a gay pornographer, a tattoo artist and a literate and good looking hustler.
- John Finn: American lieutenant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2010).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 July 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye - Blanche Ring
- Beautiful Eyes - Ada Jones
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?