Friday 23 July 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Andros and John William Finn.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1909 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Phil Andros: American writer, a gay pornographer, a tattoo artist and a literate and good looking hustler.
- John William Finn: American WWII Medal of Honor recieptant (d. 2010).
- John Finn: American lieutenant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2010).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye - Blanche Ring
- Beautiful Eyes - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?