Sunday 25 July 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gianandrea Gavazzeni and Carlos Dogny.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Silver Horde by Rex Beach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1909 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Gianandrea Gavazzeni: Italian conductor, composer and artistic director of the Milano Scala, 1966-'68 as well as permanent guest conductor.
- Carlos Dogny: Peruvian businessman and sportsman who established the surf in Peru and founded the Waikiki Club of Miraflores.
- Marcel Roux: Ajaccio physician.
- Louis Bleriot makes the first flight across the English Channel in a heavier-than-air machine from (Calais to Dover) in 37 minutes.
- August 2 ampndash quotTragic Weekquot: The city of Barcelona experiences a workers' uprising.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?