Sunday 11 July 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1909 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 July
- Simon Newcomb: Canadian astronomer who, on September 15, 1877, became director of the Nautical Almanac Office in Washington, D.C.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?