Tuesday 7 October 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Duby and George Duby.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 October 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1919 ?
- Georges Duby: French historian, specializing in the social and economic history of the Middle Ages.
- Gabriel Dell: Barbados -- Actor (Steve Allen Show).
- George Duby: Historian.
- Henriette Avram: American computer scientist and academic (d. 2006).
- Zelman Cowen: Australian academic and politician 19th Governor-General of Australia (d. 2011).
- Alfred Deakin: Australian politician, P.M.
- 1st London-Amsterdam airline service (Brit Aerial Transport & KLM)
- KLM, Netherlands Airlines, established (oldest existing airline)
- KLM, the flag carrier of the Netherlands, is founded. It is the oldest airline still operating under its original name.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Put Up the Kitchen Stove - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones
- Take Your Girlie to the Movies (If You Can't Make Love At Home) - Irving Kaufman