Friday 29 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pedro Santana Lopes and John Delaney.
In UK Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon was in the top 5 hits.
La tercera palabra, directed by Julián Soler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Song Of America by George M. Mardikian was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1956 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- John Delaney: Politician.
- Pedro Santana Lopes: Portuguese politician, former Prime Minister.
- Nick Fry: CEO of Mercedes GP Formula One team.
- David Mattingly: American illustrator and painter.
- Pedro Guerrero: Dominican-American baseball player and manager.
- Pedro Lopes: Portuguese lawyer and politician 118th Prime Minister of Portugal.
- A Kumar: Indian economist and academic.
- Pyotr Vasilevsky: Belarusian footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Johan[nes F] Bakker Jr: Actor, dies at 62.
- Federal interstate highway system act signed
- Prime Minister Drees refuses resignation of Queen Juliana (Greet Hofmans)
- The US Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 is signed, officially creating the United States Interstate Highway System.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?