Friday 30 April 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cloris Leachman in Des Moines and Harold Humes.
She, directed by Leander De Cordova, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1926 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Cloris Leachman in Des Moines: Iowa, USA; actress (Phyllis, Last Picture Show, High Anxiety).
- Harold Humes: American magazine founder known as HL Humes in his books and usually as "Doc" Humes in life.
- Cloris Leachman: American actress, a multifaceted talent of TV, film, and stage, best known for her role as Phyllis Lindstrom on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," 1970 and her spin-off sitcom, "Phyllis," 1975.
- Shrinivas Khale: Indian composer (d. 2011).
- African-American pilot Bessie Coleman is killed after falling from an airplane.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 April 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Always - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Thanks for the Buggy Ride - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Here in My Arms - Jack Shilkret & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?