Tuesday 30 August 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Reema Saleh .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) by Katy Perry.
Warrior, directed by Gavin O'Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Secrets Of The Fbi by Ronald Kessler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Matters: Twisted But True.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation or Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 August 2011 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- The New England state of Vermont suffers its worst flooding in 100 years. (Associated Press)
- Three suicide bombings leave 9 dead and 20 wounded in Grozny, the capital of the Republic of Chechnya, Russia. (CNN)
- The Libyan National Transitional Council gives an ultimatum to supporters of Muammar Gaddafi in Sirte to surrender by the end of Eid ul-Fitr on Saturday. (''The Scotsman'')
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. asks a bankruptcy court to let creditors vote on a reorganization plan that would pay its creditors, on average, $0.20 on the dollar. (Reuters)
- Hurricane Irene:
- The death toll from Hurricane Irene reaches 40 in the continental United States plus three people in the Dominican Republic and one in Puerto Rico. (Associated Press)
- The U.S. state of New Jersey suffers extensive flooding with Passaic County, Mercer County and Middlesex County worst affected. (''International Business Times'')
- Monsoonal rain causes heavy floods in the Indian state of Gujarat. (IBN Live)
- Nineteen coal miners are rescued from a flooded pit in China's Heilongjiang Province. (Xinhua)
- At least 25 people are killed and thousands displaced due to floods in Ibadan, southwest Nigeria over the weekend.
- The Popocatepetl volcano south of Mexico City starts spewing ash into the sky. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- A TTC bus collides with a hydraulic crane mounted on a construction truck on Lawrence Avenue Toronto, killing one and injuring thirteen, in the first such incident since the Russell Hill subway accident in 1995. (''The Hamilton Spectator'')
- While reportedly on his way to surrender to police in Atlanta, Georgia to face murder charges, former National Basketball Association player Javaris Crittenton is arrested by the FBI at John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California. (Associated Press via ESPN)
- New Japanese Prime Minister:
- The Cabinet of former Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan resigns en masse following the election of Yoshihiko Noda as the presumptive Prime Minister. (Nikkei)
- Kenneth E. Melson is replaced as the acting head of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as a result of a controversial gun trafficking operation called Operation Fast and Furious. (''Washington Post'')
- Environmentalists, citing greenhouse gas emissions and risks of a oil spills, including climatologist James Hansen are arrested outside the White House in Washington D.C. in a protest to urge President Barack Obama to reject TransCanada Corp.'s $7 billion proposed Keystone Pipeline extension from the Athabasca Oil Sands in northern Alberta in Canada to the US Gulf Coast. (NPR)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 August 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Hayes & Yeading - Luton : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Grosseto : 2 - 2
- Gubbio - Ascoli : 2 - 3
- Livorno - Sampdoria : 0 - 0
- Modena - Bari : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Quickie - Miguel
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- You - Romeo Santos
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Prometi - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Not Again - Staind
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Up All Night - Blink-182
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Business travelers and corporate event planners say they are trying to define the limits of acceptable luxury. [..]
If the central bank let the renminbi rise faster, it would signal that Beijing is confident in the country’s economic strength and that it is committed to curbing its reliance on exports. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.70
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.61
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.79
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $25.98
- 1 CHF = 7.7792 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5188 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8374 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.811 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?