Friday 26 August 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 26, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) by Katy Perry.
Carnage, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Magician King by Lev Grossman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Matters: Twisted But True.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Mirror III: Final Fear or Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 August 2011 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 August
- Al Arabiya television reports that three rockets have hit the border area between Kuwait and Iraq. (Reuters)
- As many as ten people are feared dead after a bomb explodes at a United Nations building in Abuja, Nigeria. (Sky News)
- The Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China bars 100 songs from music download sites including Lady Gaga's ampquotJudasampquot and Katy Perry's ampquotLast Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)ampquot. (AP via Google News)
- Ben Bernanke, the Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve, gives a keynote address at a central banks conference at the US resort of Jackson Hole, Wyoming as statistics show that the US economy grew by 1%. (Reuters via CNBC)
- The Federal Reserve announces that it will hold hearings on the proposed acquisition, by Capital One, of ING Direct, a potential $9 billion deal. (Reuters)
- Hurricane Irene:
- Hurricane Irene approaches the east coast of the United States ahead of making landfall on Saturday with 50 million people in its path. (Reuters)
- The United States Navy sends its Second Fleet out of its base in Naval Station Norfolk to ride the storm out at sea. (Reuters)
- A state of emergency is declared in a number of states including North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut as well as the city of Baltimore in the state of Maryland. (Fox News)
- The unveiling of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial in Washington D.C. is postponed indefinitely. (''Daily Mail'')
- The casinos in Atlantic City close as gamblers and residents evacuate from the New Jersey coast. (AP via NJ.com)
- The Mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg orders the mandatory evacuation of some low-lying parts of the city, and the shutdown of the subway. (AP via YouTube)
- The President of the United States Barack Obama urges Americans in the path of the hurricane to take appropriate precautions for a ampquothistoric stormampquot. (CBS News)
- The Associated Press reports that U.S. President Barack Obama's uncle, Onyango Obama, 67, is stopped on suspicion of drunken driving in Framingham, Massachusetts. (Peoria Journal Star)
- Naoto Kan announces his resignation as Prime Minister of Japan after the Parliament passes two key pieces of legislation. (AP via ''San Jose Mercury News'')
- An investigation by the consultancy firm Deloitte clears Iris Robinson, the wife of the Northern Ireland First Minister Peter Robinson, of any wrongdoing over a council contract which was awarded to an individual with whom she was conducting an affair. (BBC)
- Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen calls for Parliamentary elections to be held on September 15 - nearly two months ahead of the scheduled date. (Xinhua)
- Scientists at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne announce their discovery of J1719-143, a planet made entirely of diamond orbiting a pulsar - only the second time such a planetary mass has been discovered. (CBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 August 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hertha - Stuttgart : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Greuther Furth : 1 - 4
- Duisburg - Dresden : 3 - 0
- Ingolstadt - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Girona - Elche : 1 - 4
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Boulogne : 0 - 0
- Angers - Reims : 0 - 0
- Arles - Le Havre : 1 - 0
- Bastia - Clermont : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Quickie - Miguel
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- You - Romeo Santos
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Donde Estas Presumida - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Prometi - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Country Song - Seether
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Not Again - Staind
- Up All Night - Blink-182
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Bloomberg L.P.’s purchase of the Bureau of National Affairs for about $1 billion cash reflects Bloomberg’s ardor to expand its influence and build a cushion against Wall Street. [..]
An old farmhouse right next to a 13th century abbey is turned into a comfortable home. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.94
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $88.38
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $70.26
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $24.62
- 1 CHF = 7.9237 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5098 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8211 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.76 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?