Tuesday 2 August 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Help, directed by Tate Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Happy Birthday by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Dynamite.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaos Code or Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Retribution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 2 August 2011 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 August
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Seven rebels are killed and 50 injured in fighting in the town of Zlitan. (Reuters)
- Suicide bombers attack a guesthouse used by foreigners in the northern Afghanistan province of Kunduz with at least four security guards dead. (Reuters)
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Syrian Army forces shell the town of Hama for a second successive day. (BBC)
- Fifteen people are wounded in a bombing of a Syrian Catholic Church in Kirkuk, Iraq. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Egypt's military police and riot police end a three-week Tahrir Square sit-in. (''Al-Ahram'')
- Four Ethiopian peacekeepers are killed by a landmine in the Abyei region of Sudan. (Reuters)
- The United Nations warns that Uganda could be the next country to be affected by the famine in the Horn of Africa. (Reuters)
- Tropical Storm Emily moves towards Puerto Rico. (NOAA)
- The United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention calls on China to release Liu Xiaobo and his wife. (BBC)
- Israel's Supreme Court orders the West Bank outpost of Migron, inhabited by 250 Jewish settlers, to be evacuated without delay. (Reuters)
- Four European nations (the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Portugal) circulate a draft United Nations Security Council resolution condemning the Government of Syria for its recent crackdown on protesters. (Bloomberg)
- South Korean prosecutors send a summons to Park Chul, President of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, over alleged embezzlement. (Yonhap)
- News International phone hacking scandal
- Former ''News of the World'' managing editor Stuart Kuttner is arrested and later bailed as part of the ongoing investigation into phone hacking. (BBC)
- Jonathan May-Bowles is jailed for six weeks for throwing a foam pie into the face of Rupert Murdoch at a House of Commons Select Committee hearing. (BBC)
- Around 10,000 Papuan people demonstrate in support of independence from Indonesia in the Papuan capital of Jayapura. (''Straits Times'')
- Peter O'Neill of Southern Highlands Province is elected Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea in a 70-24 vote, ousting acting Prime Minister Sam Abal who promises to contest the decision in court. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States Senate passes legislation to raise the debt ceiling in order to avert the 2011 US debt ceiling crisis and President Barack Obama signs it into law. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- French and Ugandan scientists discover a 20-million year-old skull of a tree-climbing ape in the Karamoja region of Uganda. (''Hindustan Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Man Down - Rihanna
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- You - Romeo Santos
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Prometi - Intocable
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- No Me Dejes Con Las Ganas - Los Horoscopos de Durango
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Sublime With Rome - Panic
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.10
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.44
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $81.67
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.84
- 1 CHF = 8.4224 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6984 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.7944 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.938 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?