Monday 8 August 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Fright Night, directed by Craig Gillespie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Now You See Her by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Dynamite.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Battlefield 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 8 August 2011 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 August
- 2011 Syrian uprising
- The Syrian opposition reports that the Army has entered the town of Maarat an-Numan. (Al Jazeera)
- Ban Ki-moon, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, again warns the President of Syria Bashar al-Assad to stop violence against civilians. (Ynet)
- The website of the Ministry of Defense of Syria is taken over by Anonymous. (''Huffington Post'')
- Kuwait and Bahrain recall their ambassadors to Syria in protest of the violence, a day after Saudi Arabia recalled its ambassador. (''Daily Star Lebanon'')
- Syria rejects a statement by the Gulf Cooperation Council condemning its crackdown on protests. (Syrian Arab News Agency)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Fighting continues on the eastern and western fronts. (Al Jazeera)
- The Royal Navy appoints its first female war ship commander Lieutenant Commander Sarah West, 39, will take command of in April 2012. (BBC)
- Stock markets in Asia, Australia, and the United States fall further after the credit rating of the United States is downgraded with the Dow Jones Industrial Average falling by over 634 points, 5.55%. (News Limited)
- Rice futures trading on the Tokyo Grain Exchange is suspended following fears that the Japanese crop has been contaminated by radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (Bloomberg).
- Seven people are killed in a landslide in Malaysia's Cameron Highlands. (''Straits Times'')
- More than 100,000 people have been evacuated from China's Shandong Province as former Typhoon Muifa travels along the eastern coast as a tropical storm. (Xinhua)
- The High Court of Australia grants an injunction against the removal of asylum seekers to Malaysia until a full hearing later this month. (ABC News)
- 2011 London riots:
- More than 215 people have been arrested in London, England since the riots began. (''Belfast Telegraph'')
- Fresh violence breaks out in Hackney, Lewisham, Peckham, Croydon and several other areas of London as Home Secretary Theresa May meets with police chiefs to discuss the crisis. (BBC)
- London Mayor Boris Johnson says he will return early from his family holiday on Tuesday to deal with the riots. (''The Telegraph'')
- British Prime Minister David Cameron returns home early to chair a meeting of the COBRA Committee. (''Daily Mail'')
- Unrest breaks out in Birmingham City Centre and Liverpool. (BBC)
- Mike Rann, the Premier of the Australian state of South Australia, announces that he will be resigning on October 20 to be replaced by Education Minister Jay Weatherill. (''Herald Sun'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Man Down - Rihanna
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
Top #10 Latin songs
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Prometi - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Foo Fighters - Walk
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Country Song - Seether
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?