Thursday 30 November 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Gwynn and Robert Laffont.
The Libertine, directed by Joseph A. Golden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1916!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1916 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Michael Gwynn: Bath, England -- Actor (Village of Damned, Question 7).
- Robert Laffont: French businessman, a publisher and editor who founded his company in 1941.
- Dena Epstein: American musicologist and author (d. 2013).
- Costa Rica becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sing Me to Sleep - Alma Gluck
- Santa Lucia (Neapolitan Folk Song) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?