Friday 24 November 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Forrest J Ackerman and Forrest Ackerman.
American Aristocracy, directed by Lloyd Ingraham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1916!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Forrest J Ackerman: Invented the term "sci-fi".
- Forrest Ackerman: American collector of science fiction books and movie memorabilia and a science fiction fan.
- Georges Vignon: Lyon 3?me physician.
- John Francis Barnett: Composer, dies at 79.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cradle Song 1915 - John McCormack
- There's a Little Bit of Bad in Every Good Little Girl - Billy Murray
- Hallelujah Chorus - Reginald McAll
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?