Wednesday 1 November 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Moreau .
The Ocean Waif, directed by Alice Guy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1916!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1916 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Paul Miliukov delivers in the State Duma the famous ''stupidity or treason'' speech, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Sturmer government.
- Paul Miliukov delivers the famous quotstupidity or treasonquot speech in the Russian State Duma, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Stürmer government.
- he first 40 hour work week officially began in the Endicott-Johnson factories of Western New York
- The Kingdom of Poland is proclaimed by a joint act of the emperors of Germany and Austria.
- Honan Chapel, Cork, Ireland, a product of the Irish Arts Crafts Movement (1894–1925), is dedicated.
- U.S. presidential election, 1916: Democratic President Woodrow Wilson narrowly defeats Republican Charles E. Hughes.
- Republican Jeannette Rankin of Montana becomes the first woman elected to the United States House of Representatives.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- By the Sad Luana Shore - Marguerite Farrell
- Joe Turner Blues - Prince's Orchestra