Thursday 16 November 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Baigent and Daws Butler.
American Aristocracy, directed by Lloyd Ingraham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1916 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Harold Baigent: New Zealand actor and director (d. 1996).
- Daws Butler: cartoon voice (Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound), dies at age 71 (born 1916).
- Al Lucas: Canadian-American bassist (d. 1983).
- I Berlin / V Herbert / H Blossoms musical premieres in New York City
- USSR La Satannaya ammunitions factory explodes, killing 1,000
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Turn Back the Universe and Give Me Yester Day - Orpheus Quartet
- On the South Sea Isle - Sterling Trio
- Aida: Celeste Aida (Radiant Aida) - Hipolito Lazaro
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?