Friday 31 May 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 31, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elaine Stewart in Montclair and Aladar Zoltan.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1929 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Aladar Zoltan: Composer.
- Elaine Stewart in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; actress (Take the High Ground).
- Neil Shaw: British CEO (Tate & Lyle).
- first reindeer: born in the US.
- Menachem Golan: Israeli director and producer.
- Atlantic City Convention Center opens
- The first talking cartoon of Mickey Mouse, ''The Karnival Kid'', is released.
- The British general election returns a hung parliament yet again the Liberals will determine who has power.