Friday 31 May 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elaine Stewart in Montclair and Aladar Zoltan.
Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 May 1929 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Aladar Zoltan: Composer.
- Elaine Stewart in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; actress (Take the High Ground).
- Neil Shaw: British CEO (Tate & Lyle).
- first reindeer: born in the US.
- Menachem Golan: Israeli director and producer.
- Atlantic City Convention Center opens
- The first talking cartoon of Mickey Mouse, ''The Karnival Kid'', is released.
- The British general election returns a hung parliament yet again the Liberals will determine who has power.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?