Sunday 19 May 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Calmejane and Harvey Cox.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1929 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Robert Calmejane
- Michael Adamis: Composer.
- Harvey Cox: US theologist (Secular City).
- Helmut Braunlich: German-American violinist and composer (d. 2013).
- Richard Larter: Australian painter (d. 2014).
- John Stroger: American politician (Born 1929).
- Cloudburst causes stampede in Yankee Stadium, New York; two people crushed to death.
- General Feng Yu-Xiang of China declares war on Chiang Kai-Shek Government.