Sunday 12 May 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Burt Bacharach in Kansas City and Dollard St Laurent.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1929 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Burt Bacharach in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; composer ("I'll Never Fall in Love Again").
- Dollard St Laurent: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Bernard Marcus: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Home Depot, a warehouse style, home supplies retailer.
- Sam Nujoma: Namibian politician 1st President of Namibia.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Julia Peterkin (Scarlet Sister Mary)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?