Sunday 12 May 1929US date format: 5/12/1929, UK date format: 12/5/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Burt Bacharach in Kansas City and Dollard St Laurent.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1929 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Burt Bacharach in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; composer ("I'll Never Fall in Love Again").
- Dollard St Laurent: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Bernard Marcus: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Home Depot, a warehouse style, home supplies retailer.
- Sam Nujoma: Namibian politician 1st President of Namibia.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Julia Peterkin (Scarlet Sister Mary)