Wednesday 8 May 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Roberts and Jean-Pierre Nicola.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1929 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Jane Roberts: American mystic, the author of the "Seth" books, dictated by a discarnate entity.
- Jean-Pierre Nicola: French astrologer, an influence and teacher of a number of well known European astrologers such as Françoise Hardy and Catherine Aubier.
- Miyoshi Umeki: Japanese-American actress and singer (d. 2007).
- V N: M Korte-van Hemel; Dutch Secretary of Justice (CDA).
- Girija Devi: Indian singer.
- Dean Werries: American operations merchandising marketeer and CEO of Fleming, the nations largest wholesale food distributor.
- Claude Castonguay: Canadian banker and politician.
- Jan Mayen island, 500 km NNE of Iceland, is incorporated into Norway.