Wednesday 8 May 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Roberts and Jean-Pierre Nicola.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1929 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Jane Roberts: American mystic, the author of the "Seth" books, dictated by a discarnate entity.
- Jean-Pierre Nicola: French astrologer, an influence and teacher of a number of well known European astrologers such as Françoise Hardy and Catherine Aubier.
- Miyoshi Umeki: Japanese-American actress and singer (d. 2007).
- Claude Castonguay: Canadian banker and politician.
- Dick Williams: Athlete.
- Girija Devi: Indian singer.
- V N: M Korte-van Hemel; Dutch Secretary of Justice (CDA).
- Dean Werries: American operations merchandising marketeer and CEO of Fleming, the nations largest wholesale food distributor.
- Jan Mayen island, 500 km NNE of Iceland, is incorporated into Norway.