Sunday 5 May 1929US date format: 5/5/1929, UK date format: 5/5/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Gullans and John S Ragin in Newark.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1929 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Charles Gullans: American writer, a poet and educator, teaching at UCLA.
- Audrey Hepburn: Actress.
- John S Ragin in Newark: New Jersey, USA; actor (Dr Astin - Quincy ME).
- Ilene Woods: American actress (Born 1929).
- Ayhan Işık: Turkish actor and producer (d. 1979).