Monday 6 May 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Beck and Paul Lauterbur.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 May 1929 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Hans Beck
- Paul Lauterbur: American chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- Jeanne Cressanges
- John Taylor: English bishop and theologian.
- John Polk Allen in Carnegie: Oklahoma, USA; CEO (Biosphere 2).
- Rosemary Camp: president (Council for British Archaeology).
- Rosemary Cramp: English archaeologist and academic.
- AL announces it will discontinue MVP award
- New York to San Francisco footrace begins.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?