Monday 6 May 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Polk Allen in Carnegie and Rosemary Camp.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1929 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- John Polk Allen in Carnegie: Oklahoma, USA; CEO (Biosphere 2).
- Rosemary Camp: president (Council for British Archaeology).
- Rosemary Cramp: English archaeologist and academic.
- Paul Lauterbur: American chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- John Taylor: English bishop and theologian.
- AL announces it will discontinue MVP award
- New York to San Francisco footrace begins.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?