Monday 6 May 1929US date format: 5/6/1929, UK date format: 6/5/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Beck and Paul Lauterbur.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1929 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Hans Beck
- Paul Lauterbur: American chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- Jeanne Cressanges
- John Polk Allen in Carnegie: Oklahoma, USA; CEO (Biosphere 2).
- John Taylor: English bishop and theologian.
- Rosemary Camp: president (Council for British Archaeology).
- Rosemary Cramp: English archaeologist and academic.
- AL announces it will discontinue MVP award
- New York to San Francisco footrace begins.