Saturday 18 May 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johan N Block and Lord St.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1929 ?
- Johan N Block: Aviation pioneer (Martinair / Transavia / Air Holland).
- Lord St: John of Fawsley.
- Roger Matton: Composer.
- Arcadio Venturi: Italian soccer/football player, he played for Roma (1948–1957), Internazionale (1957–1960), and Brescia (1960–1961), and six matches with the Italian national team from 1951-1953.
- Jack Sanford: American baseball player and coach (d. 2000).
- Norman St John-Stevas: Baron St John of Fawsley English lawyer and politician Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (d. 2012)
- Dodgers beat Phillies 20-16 and lost 8-6 in 2nd game (record 50 runs)
- 55th Kentucky Derby: Linus McAtee on Clyde Van Dusen wins in 2:10.8.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?