Tuesday 30 April 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Strong and Peter Carsten.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1929 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Maurice Strong: Businessman.
- Peter Carsten: Weissenberg, Bavaria -- Actor (Mr Super Invisible).
- Mette Lange-Nielsen: Norwegian actress and Norway's first TV announcer.
- Buelah Overell: American murder suspect at 18 when her parents were both killed in a yacht explosion in Santa Ana on 3/15/1947.
- Earnest Streeruwitz becomes chancellor of Austria.