Thursday 9 May 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Lloyd and Kay Dotrice.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1929 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Anthony Lloyd: Lord Justice of Appeal.
- Kay Dotrice: British actress (d. 2007).
- Antoine Jimenez: France sport Champion.
- WJW-AM in Cleveland Ohio begins radio transmissions
- New York Giants' Carl Hubbell no-hits Pittsburgh Pirates.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?