Thursday 9 May 1929US date format: 5/9/1929, UK date format: 9/5/1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Roberts and Anthony Lloyd.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1929 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Jane Roberts: Author.
- Anthony Lloyd: Lord Justice of Appeal.
- Kay Dotrice: British actress (d. 2007).
- Antoine Jimenez: France sport Champion.
- WJW-AM in Cleveland Ohio begins radio transmissions
- New York Giants' Carl Hubbell no-hits Pittsburgh Pirates.