June 1904 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in June 1904.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on June 1904: find out below
Which were the important events of June 1904?
- 02 Jun 1904 Professor Schron finds microbe that causes photosynthesis
- 06 Jun 1904 National Tuberculosis Association organized, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- 10 Jun 1904 Irish author James Joyce meets his future wife Nora Barnacle.
- 11 Jun 1904 German Lieutenant General Lothar von Trotha lands in Swapokmund, SW-Africa
- 14 Jun 1904 Dutch troops occupies Kuto Reh, Sumatra, killing all inhabitants
- 15 Jun 1904 A fire aboard the steamboat SS General Slocum in New York City's East River kills 1,000.
- 16 Jun 1904 Eugen Schauman assassinates Nikolai Bobrikov, Governor-General of Finland.
- 21 Jun 1904 Boston Herald tells of Red Sox trade Dougherty as a Yankee, 1st known reference to New York club as Yankees (became Yankees in 1913)
- 28 Jun 1904 International Anti-Military Cooperation (IAMV) forms in Amsterdam
- 29 Jun 1904 2 prehistoric bones found in Weerdingerveen, Drenthe
Romanian-born American swimmer and actor...
Hungarian actor of stage, film and TV,...
French philosopher, epistemologist, and...
American photographer, photojournalist...
- See more
Which were the top hits in June 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Aida - Celeste Aida (Heavenly Aida)
- Cal Stewart - Evening Time at Pumpkin Center
- Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet - Toyland
- Bob Roberts - The Ghost That Never Walked
- Haydn Quartet - Blue Bell