Thursday 16 June 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerard Holt .
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1904!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1904 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Eugen Schauman assassinates Nikolai Bobrikov, Governor-General of Finland.
- Irish author James Joyce begins a relationship with Nora Barnacle and subsequently uses the date to set the actions for his novel Ulysses; this date is now traditionally called ''Bloomsday''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Bell - Haydn Quartet
- The Ghost That Never Walked - Bob Roberts