Thursday June 16, 1904
US date format: 6/16/1904, UK date format: 16/6/1904
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 16, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gerard Holt .
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 16, 1904?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Eugen Schauman assassinates Nikolai Bobrikov, Governor-General of Finland.
- Gerard Holt: Dutch architect.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 16, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bob Roberts - The Ghost That Never Walked
- Haydn Quartet - Blue Bell