Thursday 16 June 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerard Holt .
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1904!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1904 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Eugen Schauman assassinates Nikolai Bobrikov, Governor-General of Finland.
- Irish author James Joyce begins a relationship with Nora Barnacle and subsequently uses the date to set the actions for his novel Ulysses; this date is now traditionally called ''Bloomsday''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Bell - Haydn Quartet
- The Ghost That Never Walked - Bob Roberts