Thursday 2 June 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Weissmuller and Frantisek Plánicka.
while The Deliverance by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1904!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1904 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Johnny Weissmuller: Romanian-born American swimmer and actor who, as the winner of five Olympic medals and numerous world records, was noted for his performance in 12 Tarzan movies released from 1932 to 1948; Weismuller portrayed the role longer than any other man.
- Frantisek Plánicka
- Pierre Rondot: Versailles Military man.
- Frank Runacres: English painter and educator (d. 1974).
- Professor Schron finds microbe that causes photosynthesis
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Feelin' for You - Arthur Collins
- Hannah, Won't You Open That Door? - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?