November 1908 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in November 1908.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on November 1908: find out below
Which were the important events of November 1908?
- 03 Nov 1908 William Howard Taft (Republican) elected 27th President over William Jennings Bryan.
- 04 Nov 1908 Brooklyn Academy of Music, opens in New York City
- 06 Nov 1908 Leonid Andreyevs Dui Nashey Zhizni, premieres in St. Petersburg
- 07 Nov 1908 Dutch capture Venezuelan navy
- 10 Nov 1908 1st Gideon Bible put in a hotel room
- 14 Nov 1908 Albert Einstein presents his quantum theory of light.
- 22 Nov 1908 1st US-Japanese baseball game Reach All-Americans defeat Waseda University, 5-0
- 25 Nov 1908 Dorando Pietri (It) beats Johnny Hayes (US) in Madison Square Gardens marathon by 60 yards.
- 28 Nov 1908 154 men die in coal mine explosion at Marianna Pennsylvania.
- 30 Nov 1908 A mine explosion in the mining town of Marianna, Pennsylvania kills 154.
French doctor, catholic psychanalist,...
Belgian-French social anthropologist and...
- See more
Which were the top hits in November 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & John Bieling - When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise
- Haydn Quartet - Sunbonnet Sue
- Peerless Quartet - Rah, Rah, Rah
- Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet - Yankee Doodle's Come to Town