Thursday 26 November 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Forte and Leonard Spigelgass.
The Marriage of Krechinsky, directed by Aleksandr O. Drankov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1908 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Charles Forte: Italian entrepreneur, the head of one of the world's greatest hotel and catering organizations.
- Leonard Spigelgass: American film writer who, from 1933, wrote many screenplays alone and in collaboration.
- Lefty Gomez: New York Yankees pitching great, dies at age 80.
- Fran?ois Le Masson: Montpellier Military man.
- Philipp Mohler: Composer.
- Ogden Phipps: American stockbroker, court tennis champion and Hall of Fame member, thoroughbred horse racing executive and owner/breeder, and an art collector and philanthropist.
- Ernst Bartholome: Germany Scientist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sunbonnet Sue - Byron G. Harlan
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Harvey Hindermyer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?