Monday 16 November 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Soeur Emmanuelle and Raymond Peynet.
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1908 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Soeur Emmanuelle
- Raymond Peynet: French artist, cartoonist, designer, illustrator, known for his exceptional drawings of lovers in lanes on porcelain.
- Emmanuelle: Dutch Roman Catholic nun dedicated to the welfare of homeless kids; well-known for her work with the "ragmen of Cairo.
- Marianne Langewiesche: German writer.
- Nicholas Lindley Lopez: Peruvian soldier and politician, who briefly occupied the presidency of Peru succeeding General Ricardo Perez Godoy as head of the military junta, from 3 March 1963 to 28 July 1963.
- Henri-Gustave Joly de Lotbiniere: French-born Canadian politician (Born 1829).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Wedding of Sandy McNab - Harry Lauder
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Harvey Hindermyer
- Sunbonnet Sue - Byron G. Harlan