Monday 16 November 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Soeur Emmanuelle and Raymond Peynet.
The Marriage of Krechinsky, directed by Aleksandr O. Drankov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1908 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Soeur Emmanuelle
- Raymond Peynet: French artist, cartoonist, designer, illustrator, known for his exceptional drawings of lovers in lanes on porcelain.
- Emmanuelle: Dutch Roman Catholic nun dedicated to the welfare of homeless kids; well-known for her work with the "ragmen of Cairo.
- Marianne Langewiesche: German writer.
- Nicholas Lindley Lopez: Peruvian soldier and politician, who briefly occupied the presidency of Peru succeeding General Ricardo Perez Godoy as head of the military junta, from 3 March 1963 to 28 July 1963.
- Henri-Gustave Joly de Lotbiniere: French-born Canadian politician (Born 1829).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?