Tuesday November 24, 1908
US date format: 11/24/1908, UK date format: 24/11/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Libertad Lamaraque and Harry Kemelman.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 24, 1908?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 24, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night
- Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet - Rainbow
- Henry Burr - You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal
- Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison - Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
- Byron G. Harlan - Are You Sincere?