Tuesday 24 November 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Libertad Lamaraque and Harry Kemelman.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Harry Kemelman: US detective author (rabbi-omnibus).
- Libertad Lamaraque: Argentina -- Actress (Madreselva, Puerta Cerrada).
- Ray Carter: Chicago, Illinois -- Orchestra leader (Arthur Murray Dance Party).
- Hans Schwarz: Germany Actor.
- Libertad Lamarque: Argentinian actress and singer (d. 2000).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Are You Sincere? - Byron G. Harlan
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal - Henry Burr
- Rainbow - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan