Tuesday 24 November 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Libertad Lamaraque and Harry Kemelman.
The Marriage of Krechinsky, directed by Aleksandr O. Drankov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Harry Kemelman: US detective author (rabbi-omnibus).
- Libertad Lamaraque: Argentina -- Actress (Madreselva, Puerta Cerrada).
- Ray Carter: Chicago, Illinois -- Orchestra leader (Arthur Murray Dance Party).
- Hans Schwarz: Germany Actor.
- Libertad Lamarque: Argentinian actress and singer (d. 2000).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Wedding of Sandy McNab - Harry Lauder
- Sunbonnet Sue - Byron G. Harlan
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Harvey Hindermyer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?