Sunday 29 November 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Clayton Powell Jr and Adam Clayton Powell, Jr..
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1908 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Adam Clayton Powell, Jr.: Politician.
- Adam Clayton Powell Jr: American civil rights leader and politician (d. 1972).
- N S Krishnan: Tamil film comedian (d. 1957).
- Jean Ferroir: Clichy physician.
- N Krishnan: Indian actor singer and director (d. 1957).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Are You Sincere? - Byron G. Harlan
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal - Henry Burr
- Rainbow - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan