Sunday 29 November 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include N S Krishnan and Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1908 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Adam Clayton Powell Jr: American civil rights leader and politician (d. 1972).
- N S Krishnan: Tamil film comedian (d. 1957).
- Jean Ferroir: Clichy physician.
- N Krishnan: Indian actor singer and director (d. 1957).
- Adam Powell: Jr.
- Afet İnan: Turkish historian and sociologist (d. 1985).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Are You Sincere? - Byron G. Harlan
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal - Henry Burr
- Rainbow - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan