Saturday 28 November 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arturo Frondizi and Roberto Lupi.
Barn i kirke, directed by Carl Alstrup, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1908 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Arturo Frondizi: President Argentina (1958-62).
- Roberto Lupi: Composer.
- Claude Lévi-Strauss: Belgian-French social anthropologist and leading exponent of Structuralism.
- Claude Levi-Strauss: French anthropologist (Born 1908).
- Michael Ajasin: Nigerian educator and politician 3rd Governor of Ondo State (d. 1997).
- 154 men die in coal mine explosion at Marianna Pennsylvania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal - Henry Burr
- It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Rainbow - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Are You Sincere? - Byron G. Harlan
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?