Saturday November 28, 1908
US date format: 11/28/1908, UK date format: 28/11/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 28, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Claude Lévi-Strauss and Roberto Lupi.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 28, 1908?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- See more
- 154 men die in coal mine explosion at Marianna Pennsylvania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 28, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night
- Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet - Rainbow
- Henry Burr - You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal
- Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison - Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
- Byron G. Harlan - Are You Sincere?