Saturday 28 November 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 28, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Lévi-Strauss and Roberto Lupi.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 November 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1908 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Claude Lévi-Strauss: Belgian-French social anthropologist and leading exponent of Structuralism.
- Arturo Frondizi: President Argentina (1958-62).
- Roberto Lupi: Composer.
- Claude Levi-Strauss: French anthropologist (Born 1908).
- Michael Ajasin: Nigerian educator and politician 3rd Governor of Ondo State (d. 1997).
- 154 men die in coal mine explosion at Marianna Pennsylvania.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Are You Sincere? - Byron G. Harlan
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal - Henry Burr
- Rainbow - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan