Sunday 1 November 1908US date format: 11/1/1908, UK date format: 1/11/1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 1, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Alfred Dumas and Sylvia Bataille.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1908 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Yankee Doodle's Come to Town - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Rah, Rah, Rah - Peerless Quartet
- Sunbonnet Sue - Haydn Quartet
- By the Old Oaken Bucket, Louise - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- When Sweet Marie was Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling