October 1909 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in October 1909.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on October 1909: find out below
Which were the important events of October 1909?
- 02 Oct 1909 1st rugby match (Twickenham)
- 08 Oct 1909 Chicago Cubs beat New York Giants 4-2 in a playoff to win National League pennant.
- 09 Oct 1909 Ty Cobb steals home in World Series game
- 13 Oct 1909 An agreement by Germany, Italy and Switzerland gives the Germans and Italians access to the Gotthard Rail Tunnel.
- 14 Oct 1909 Pirates beat Tigers, 5-4, forces 1st full 7 game world series
- 16 Oct 1909 Jack Johnson KOs Stanley Ketchel in 12 for heavyweight boxing title
- 18 Oct 1909 Comte de Lambert of France sets airplane altitude record of 300 m.
- 26 Oct 1909 Ito Hirobumi, Resident-General of Korea, was shot to death by Korean independence supporter Ahn Jung-geun at the Harbin train station in Manchuria.
American jazz piano soloist who studied...
French painter of the new Paris school,...
- See more
Which were the top hits in October 1909?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - I'm Awfully Glad I Met You
- Ada Jones - My Pony Boy
- Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet - Take Me Out for a Joy Ride
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - My Wife's Gone to the Country (Hurrah! Hurrah!)
- Blanche Ring - I've Got Rings on My Fingers