Tuesday 26 October 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carolyn Wyeth and Ignace Lepp.
Drink, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1909 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Carolyn Wyeth: American artist and noted family, the daughter of illustrator N.C.
- Ignace Lepp: French psychologist and author (d. 1966).
- Dante Quinterno: Argentinian author and illustrator (d. 2003).
- Ito Hirobumi, Resident-General of Korea, was shot to death by Korean independence supporter Ahn Jung-geun at the Harbin train station in Manchuria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I've Got Rings on My Fingers - Blanche Ring
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?