Sunday 17 October 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Crozy [William] Cole and Alain Assailly.
Drink, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1909 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Crozy [William] Cole: US jazz drummer.
- Alain Assailly: French physician, a specialist in neuroendoctrine disorders.
- Cozy Cole: American drummer (d. 1981).
- Nicola Spinelli: Composer, dies at 44.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Wife's Gone to the Country (Hurrah! Hurrah!) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?