Tuesday 19 October 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Beatty and Albert Chavanac.
Les surprises de l'amour, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1909 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Robert Beatty: Canadian-British actor who appeared in many films and television series.
- Albert Chavanac: French politician, a Paris senator from 22 September 1968 to 14 September 1972.
- Stein Halvorsen: Norwegian theatre actor.
- Marguerite Perey: French physicist, the first woman to be elected at the French "Académie des Sciences" in 1962.
- Cesare Lombroso: Italian criminologist, physician, and founder of the Italian School of Positivist Criminology.