Monday 25 October 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Le Chanois and Philleo Nash.
The Battle in the Clouds, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1909 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Jean-Paul Le Chanois
- Philleo Nash: American anthropologist, government official and the 33rd Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin from 1959–1961 as a Democrat.
- Whit Bissel: NYC, New York -- Actor (Time Machine, General Kirk-Time Tunnel).
- Dieter Borsche: German actor who appeared in over 90 films between 1935 and 1981.
- Paul Draper: American tap dancer and choreographer whose passion and unique "Ballet-Tap" style led to international stardom.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Traveling Man - Nat Wills
- Up, Up, Up in My Aeroplane - Haydn Quartet
- The Billiken Man - Blanche Ring
- Mister Othello - Ada Jones
- Cupid's Telephone - Frank Stanley
- My Wife's Gone to the Country, Hurrah! Hurrah! - Bob Roberts
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Manuel Romain