Thursday 14 October 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernd Rosemeyer and Kalervo Tuukkanen.
L'innominato, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Silver Horde by Rex Beach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1909 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Bernd Rosemeyer: German race car driver, killed in a driving accident 1/28/1938, 11:50 AM, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Kalervo Tuukkanen: Composer.
- Mochitsura Hashimoto: Japanese commander (d. 2000).
- Dorothy Kingsley: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1996).
- Johann Gottfred Matthison-Hansen: Composer, dies at 76.
- Pirates beat Tigers, 5-4, forces 1st full 7 game world series
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Pony Boy - Ada Jones
- Take Me Out for a Joy Ride - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?