Friday 29 October 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Douglass Montgomery and Jack Williams.
Drink, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1909 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Douglass Montgomery: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Forbidden, Harmony Lane).
- Jack Williams: American radio announcer and politician who served as 13th Governor of Arizona (January 2, 1967 – January 6, 1975) and 47th Mayor of Phoenix (1956–1960).
- John Williams: Actor (Family Affair, Dial M for Murder), dies at 80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I've Got Rings on My Fingers - Blanche Ring
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?