Monday 8 December 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Hufsey and Wayne Dickert.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK Hoots Mon by Lord Rockingham's XI was in the top 5 hits.
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1958 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Billy Hufsey: Actor (Christopher-Fame, Days of our Life).
- Wayne Dickert: Chattanooga, Tennessee -- Slalom double canoe (1996 Olympics - 11th Place).
- Bird McIntyre: Thai pop singer, musician.
- Rob Byrnes: American author and blogger.
- Rob Curling: British television presenter.
- Michel Ferté: French race car driver
- Bob Greene: American physiologist and author
- Thongchai McIntyre: Thai singer and actor
- Mirosław Okoński: Polish footballer
- Tris Speaker: American baseball player and manager (d. 1958).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?