Saturday 1 November 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rachel Ticotin in New York City and Charlie Kaufman.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Mon Oncle, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1958 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Rachel Ticotin in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Grace - For Love and Honor).
- Charlie Kaufman: American screenwriter.
- Mark Austin: English journalist.
- Joe DeRenzo: American drummer composer and producer.
- Robert Hart: English singer-songwriter (Bad Company Manfred Mann's Earth Band The Company of Snakes Distance and The Jones Gang).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?