Tuesday 30 December 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1958 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Brandon Clark in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Sean - The Fitzpatricks).
- John Adams: Dutch-American musician, a talented Dutch performer reminiscent of John Denver.
- Steven L Smith: American astronaut.
- Steven Smith: American engineer and astronaut.
- Steven L Smith in Phoenix: Arizona, USA; astronaut (STS 68, 82).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 1958 and get them!