Sunday 21 December 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1958 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Tamara Bykova: Russian high jumper.
- Miklós Hargitay: American plant-shop owner and noted family, the son of Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay.
- Charles De Gaulle wins seven-year term as first President of 5th Republic of France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?