Monday 1 January 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Doll, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1912 ?
- Boris Gnedenko: Russian mathematician and historian (d. 1995).
- Nikiforos Vrettakos: Greek poet and academic (d. 1991).
- Boris Vladimirovich Gnedenko: Russian mathematician (d. 1995).
- Kim Philby: British double agent, a master spy and traitor, the mysterious "third man" whose unmasking as Soviet agent in 1963 rocked the empire.
- Victor Reuther: Wheeling, West Virginia -- Labor leader.
- The Republic of China is established.
- Sun Yat-sen forms Chinese Republic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?