Wednesday 3 January 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Doll, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1912 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Federico Borrell: Spanish Republican and anarchist militiaman during the Spanish Civil War, commonly thought to be the subject in the famous 1936 Robert Capa photo The Falling Soldier.
- Federico García: Spanish soldier (d. 1936).
- Renaude Lapointe: French Canadian journalist and senator (Born 1912).
- Armand Lohikoski: American-Finnish actor director and screenwriter (d. 2005).
- Felix Dahn: German jurist, historian, poet, and novelist who made his greatest contribution as a scholar of German antiquity.
- South Pacific RR offers to bring Liberty Bell to Exposition, free
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?