Thursday 11 January 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Three Tales of Terror, directed by Jacob Fleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1912 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Roger Lewis aviation executive (Lockheed: Curtiss Wright, Pan Am).
- : American actor producer and screenwriter (d. 1980).
- Kåre Jonsborg: Norwegian painter and textile artist.
- Donald Barry: Houston, Texas -- Actor (Mr Gallo-Mr Novak).
- Thomas "Schoolboy" Rowe: Waco, Texas -- Pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- Roger Lewis: aviation executive (Lockheed, C Wright, Pan Am), dies at age 75.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 January 1912 and get them!